Can be beneficial or a complete disaster, use sparingly.

Posted by jeaninegabrielle on July 29 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was very excited to start using clay powder masks and this is the first one I've tried. The first time I used it I made the mistake of leaving it on for a tad too long, I could feel the mask tugging at my skin and I could even feel my pulse. After washing off my skin felt amazing, and blackheads had come to the surface, making them extractable with very light pressure. I was so happy with my new discovery. However, I woke up the next morning with red, inflamed skin, a similar reaction I had to other beauty products. I figured it was because I left it on for too long and perhaps added too much clay and not enough liquid. I use Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel to mix with the clay. After my skin had recovered from the incident I tried a more diluted mixture, and it worked well. I wash it off just before it fully dries. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON UNTIL YOU FEEL YOUR PULSE! I should have stuck to that but I got adventurous and added tea tree oil to the mix. It was a big mistake, it went on feeling very refreshing but after 10 minutes my face was on fire and I had to deal with having red, irritated, painful skin for almost a week. So, for those of you with sensitive skin, use this sparingly, you don't necessarily have to use a thick paste, it can be too drying and cause irritation instead. Avoid mixing with oils like tea tree cos it can really burn through your skin. I also use this occasionally as a spot treatment so I don't run the risk of over drying my entire face. A little goes a long way.

Great clay mask

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 11 2007 | Verified Purchase

It's not as rough as an Aztec miracle mask. I mix in a little bentonite clay if I want a stronger mask.

Weekly Facial

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 5 2006 | Verified Purchase

I use this powder after a hot shower,and mild scrub. I mix clay, yoghurt(room temperature), sometimes honey and or lemon, and a few drops of my best face lotion ( to prevent drying too quickly). I apply the mixture as a spreadable thick paste on my face except for eye area. leave for max time until it starts pulling on skin a bit. This really decreases the number of small pustules/acne flare up I may have.

Great Clay Mask

Posted by Edelstein on November 6 2017 | Verified Purchase

A little messy and hard to remove.

I like it

Posted by AbeerGH92 on February 19 2016 | Verified Purchase

I Use it with yogurt beautiful.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21 2015 | Verified Purchase

working same as julep mask!

Posted by AnaAdmi on December 9 2014 | Verified Purchase

i love this mask, make my pore a lil bit shrink and my oily reduce :) ' you should try this and u wont regret, but this one very strong to pull all impurities from your skin www.pinkishbeautystore.com

European Clay

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11 2009 | Verified Purchase

lovely texture! i mix it with my essential oils or honey or an egg white - yeah! works wonders.

Last a long time

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 8 2007 | Verified Purchase

This clay is great for my skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 28 2018 | Verified Purchase

Amazing for cleaning the skin - I use it once a week